Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    District 5 weighing in. Hollier seems a good choice and the more I see of Duggan the more impressed I am. He has an impressive campaign team and if he gets the same level of commitment from staff as mayor, I am sold.

Still think I got that "blight" ticket because of my Duggan sign. Finally got my day in court and everyone seemed too embarrassed to read charges, flat tire [[It wasn't)! Got dismissed but what a huge annoyance.

Yes voting is very important.
    I voted for Hollier in the primary, although it was a close decision. However, after seeing the MIVote debate on Detroit Public TV, Sheffield won me over. Hollier spent most of his time repeating his qualifications, while Sheffield identified problems and linked them with solutions. Also, Hollier seemed to promote development above all else, while Sheffield appeared to have safety as her top priority, but also addressed several more. Finally, while both candidates were gracious and pretty tame, Sheffield did show some spunk and assertiveness at one point which gave me the feeling she is more about working for the citizens than moving her career forward.

They're both young, pretty-well qualified and motivated. But in the end, Hollier struck me as a politician, while Sheffield was more a community activist.
    Last edited by downtownguy; October-26-13 at 12:27 PM.