Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I'm thinking that mom has some reason to be gunning for Pugh over those "inappropriate texts" and those texts show that something more was going on.
    The reason I don't agree is that even if that there did exist messages between him and the kid of sexual nature, it wouldn't be illegal. The cops would've dismissed it a long time ago since the kid is of age. What I suspect is happening is that Pugh did something else technically illegal and that's being used to insinuate that there was an inappropriate relationship... because of his sexuality.

I'm speculating, of course, and if something more comes out [[no pun) then I'll gladly eat those words. But now this is just looking like a witch hunt with a tinge of homophobia...

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    The reason I don't agree is that even if that there did exist messages between him and the kid of sexual nature, it wouldn't be illegal. The cops would've dismissed it a long time ago since the kid is of age. What I suspect is happening is that Pugh did something else technically illegal and that's being used to insinuate that there was an inappropriate relationship... because of his sexuality.
    His age is irrelevant if he was under 18. This wasn't a random kid, it was a kid at a school taking part in a mentoring program run by Pugh.
    If the texts were of the "sexting" variety, I think they still get to CSC IV...especially if there were junk shots. I think the interest level in this is about where it is whenever a teacher does inappropriate things with a student...if not kicked up a notch because of Pugh's celebrity.

I would agree with you that this is a homo-slam on Pugh if it was just some random kid he met out and about... but it's not. Pugh's actions after the issue came to light aren't exactly helping either.
    Last edited by bailey; October-09-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    His age is irrelevant if he was under 18. This wasn't a random kid, it was a kid at a school taking part in a mentoring program run by Pugh.
    If the texts were of the "sexting" variety, I think they still get to CSC IV...especially if there were junk shots. I think the interest level in this is about where it is whenever a teacher does inappropriate things with a student...if not kicked up a notch because of Pugh's celebrity.
    So I still am skeptical that this is a CSC charge because if that is what is under suspicion then the most logical jurisdiction to press the charge would be Detroit. The alleged crime would have presumably occurred in Detroit and also the district for which CSC 4th degree would apply is also under Detroit jurisdiction, right? Does the wording "criminal complaint" even presume that this is indeed a felony charge that they're considering?