Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Miami did not jettison Bush, Bush wanted out of Miami. In his two years there he compiled over two grand in yardage; which is more than every Lion running back combined.

Signing Bush was/is a major improvement and to suggest otherwise is unsmart in the extreme.

Everyone is free to comment here, but you better be able to back up your opinion with a smidgen of reality.

Bush has already supplied a veteran voice in the locker room, has not skirted hardwork in training camp or in the preseason.

We have our problems, bush ain't one of them.
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...80&src=desktop

Way to call it out, brother gnome!

I looked at Reggie Bush's numbers over the last few years in Miami and I can't see how anyone can call him a spot player. he played 15 and 16 games respectively in his last two years there. 216 and 227 rushes in each of those seasons as well. If he wasn't durable he sure didn't show it in Miami.

Now if someone wants the second coming of Barry Sanders, it just isn't going to happen. Bush is a huge upgrade to the position and adds a lot more versatility than what we've had. Ideally that person should've been Jahvid Best but that didn't pan out. And look at the potency of our offense when we did have a RB who had just enough speed to dart through the line and also be able to swing out to the flat and catch one for a long gain.

I'd much rather put my faith in Reggie Bush than a double tight end set with Pettigrew and Scheffler. I see the addition of Bush as a damn good thing.