Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
Actually I think the D-line will be real strong this year, especially against the run. Against the pass not so much. I also think the Leo's pass coverage especially man-to-man press coverage leaves lots to be desired. We are seeing the same problems with on field discipline. I am not convinced that our tight end isn't going to stop dropping easy passes. I read where the Lions are picked last in the division not making the playoffs. Of course I am hoping that's not true but I am not sold on Schwartz being the coach to move the Lions to the playoffs

Our defensive front four plus depth was enough to unseat a fourth round draft pick in Ronnell Lewis. For whatever reason our team suddenly has more depth than what we could've ever hoped for and dare I say it's a bit of an upgrade from VandenBosch and Avril as a whole? They look on paper as though they're going to be able to rotate in fresher and younger bodies in this year.

But like last year we're going to have to lean on this bunch to make things happen. If they can't hurry the passer or press him, that secondary is going to get exposed again. Yes i think we improved with getting Quin, but the rest of them are still very raw and unproven.

I'm not even so sure about our linebacking corps either. If the other team's offensive line can create a seam for their runner to break through the front four, it's going to be work for Tulloch, Levy and presumably Palmer to stop them. We've got serviceable linebackers not playmakers. It's hard to see any of this trio getting to their QB or the other teams backfield to being a force the likes of a Ray Lewis [[and yes I know I set the bar high).