Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    What's the federal Justice Department doing involving itself in anti-Zimmerman marches? ....

Docs: Justice Department facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests

-edited to add a better link form Judicial Watch. One of the comments was, "how is this NOT an attempt to obstruct justice?"

Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch Detail Role of Justice Department in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests
    The same Government that preaches "equality"??
    The same Government that complains they need more tax money from us??
    The same Government that says we're not paying our "fair share"??

First of all, I'm just an observer, so I have no influence on who wins or loses, nor will it effect my life either way it turns out.

If you have actually been watching the trial, you would know they called a witness who stated her home had been broken into by a man who matches Treyvon's description, and burglaries had occurred in the community, thus justifying the need for a Community watch in the first place. Should Zimmerman have pursued the man after the cops told him not to? Probably not. If Zimmerman stopped following Martin, and if something HAD happened, it would be fully on the police department to be held accountable for it, and Zimmerman's job was done. Vigilante justice and Community watch are 2 different things.

So, yes, Zimmerman had just cause to follow Treyvon, due to recent burglaries in the area occurring. He should have stopped following Treyvon when they police told him to not pursue him any further.

The prosecution saw yesterday that the odds of convicting Zimmerman on 2nd degree murder was not in their favor.

Today, possibly to appease the media and the anti-Zimmerman crowd who was frenzied at the hands of Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton, and then by Obama who said Treyvon, a marijuana smoking & troubled kid who got kicked out of school could have been his son, flamed the situation even more, the court decided to throw lesser charges, any charges that might stick, at Zimmerman. Give the other side a piece of meat, I guess.

The jury in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial will be allowed to consider the lesser charge of manslaughter, the judge ruled Thursday.

The ruling came after the prosecution sought to include two lesser charges from the original murder in the second degree: manslaughter and felony murder in the third degree with child abuse as the underlying felony.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=1

Child abuse?

Anyway, we may get our decision today or tomorrow, and after a year, people will have likely forgotten about this tragic and unfortunate incident.

It's a terrible incident. I can't even imagine what the families have been going through on both sides. I feel compassion for all of them.
    Last edited by Papasito; July-11-13 at 11:04 AM.