Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

"Can we all acknowledge, that yes there are some things to do and the CBD has seen a lot of improvement, but to someone that is used to Manhattan, it's probably a far cry than what they are used to?

Having lived in and very near Detroit my whole life; Detroit is so much better in a lot of ways than it was when I was growing up. Downtown has so much more now.

I appreciate what we have; it's come a very long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    "Can we all acknowledge, that yes there are some things to do and the CBD has seen a lot of improvement, but to someone that is used to Manhattan, it's probably a far cry than what they are used to?

Having lived in and very near Detroit my whole life; Detroit is so much better in a lot of ways than it was when I was growing up. Downtown has so much more now.

I appreciate what we have; it's come a very long way.
    I thought I'd be bored coming from Chicago, especially living in Wicker Park, which is always lively. Detroit is not Chicago, not by any means, but I've yet to lack something fun to do every night between all the art, theater, professional happy hours, sports, music, cultural events, etc. I don't have 10-20+ options a night like I did in Chicago, but 2-4 options a night works for me, in exchange for a mortgage lower than my car note.