Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Why is this asshole still in a position of power?
    No matter how you feel about him, I think this is a legitimate question.

Why is someone who holds power over [[hostage) public lands, given an unelected lifetime position?

Where is the accountability here? That is to say nothing about results.

This guy has been tooling around since 2002 with few accomplishments to speak of. You can point to the Superbowl and the Book Cadillac, but what, of anything in the past 5 years?

Regardless of how you feel about the MLB Proposal, the Tiger Stadium site has not had a tenant for 14 years. That's abject failure, no matter how you try to spin it. It's also a stone's throw from downtown in a rapidly reviving commercial strip. He isn't doing his job.

Now, regarding the MLB proposal, I've never known anyone in the professional world, first of all, to use such crass language in a public statement. He's not going to win us any friends that way. Secondly, in a city with shuttered rec centers and kids wandering the streets causing trouble, nothing seems better than baseball for young folks on a historic baseball site.

George Jackson wouldn't know. He lives in Southfield. He's fine with messing up Detroit and collecting a fat paycheck for it but it isn't good enough for him to live here. Thanks, in no small part, to his "efforts"

I can really tell you why he's still around, though: the Detroit power elite are like members of a country club [[a really shitty country club). I've seen their meetings, I've attending their meetings. DEGC is a joke. It's a bunch of mutual masturbation. Familiar Detroit faces pull up, get their cars valeted, have brunch, show Powerpoints about nothing, and slap each others' asses about how great they are. They're our self-perpetuating, delusional, incestuous aristocracy. George Jackson is our Louis XVI.
    Last edited by poobert; June-12-13 at 10:30 AM.