Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
[[2) For sure, and in a heartbeat. But...worth considering that you put an inherent conflict of interest in which a party can profit with public policies that may prefer incarceration to rehabilitation -- regardless of efficacy -- for self-serving reasons. I'm not paranoid...but I'm saying to be careful.
Absolutely. Either way, government needs to manage these costs. And they have a bad history of managing money. So I say you go with [[2) -- because its more in keeping with their limited abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
In other news, the Freep reported today that they could fire the original contractor, as another contractor stated that they could still finish within original budget.
Walbridge-Aldinger is not a fly-by-night compay. If they're over budget, there's a reason. And I'll bet dollars to donuts that its because the County asked for changes and new features and this and that and everything else. When I hear cost overruns in construction, its usually not the contractor's fault. Not saying it never happens. W-A has probably built a thousand jails. They know to the penny what it will cost in each and every market.