Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: 1300 Lafayette

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    HI Marsha yes it is,, the system to be put in is I believe in the neighborhood of 3-4 million dollars.. total revamp, digitial,, high speed , all that stuff.. Its being funded by a blend of reserves and unit holder assessment.. Your assessed on the basis of the size of your unit.. This person kinda sounds like they are looking at a 2 bedroom unit [[ well redone), as mentioned its for 10 months.. Im paying 315.00 for ten months.. Alot of people are not happy about it,, but I keep thinking, that I get hit with unexpected things costing much more than this often yearly on a house... Experiencing that now with another place I have actually, I come home to 1300 very glad that everthing is done for me compared to the headaches I have with a cottage cost and repair wise. The location and view cant be beat either.
    Oh my goodness.

But Bill, you don't have to convince me about the attribute of co-op living, and the relativity of fees verses housing costs. When my furnace/air didn't work, and all I had to do was pick up a phone and within an hours it was fixed; when I get up in a snow storm and my way is plowed before I go to work, when I don't have to cut grass, replace a furnace or roof, etc. It's worth it. Not to mention, which you did, taxes, insurance, etc.

I just wondered about your extra elevator fee. I thought that's why you have an assessment, to cover the "big stuff". But I guess this project is extra big.

I bet the unit that the OP is looking at is fabulous. I love it there.
    Last edited by marshamusic; May-26-13 at 10:16 PM.