I truly love all metro Detroit for different reasons, and could recommend just about each town for one reason or another. I'm partial to short drives so working in Romulus would make A2 further than I'd prefer, but A2 atmosphere is fantastic. Canton's probably my best suggestion because it would be about a 15 minute drive. The 275 bike path is phenomenal. Nice apartment options, very suburban, lots of chain restaurants, but also great choice of Indian, Mexican, sushi, etc., and accessible to everything. Ikea's right there for your new furnishings. Almost every part of Metro Detroit is reasonably accessible from Canton, including Ann Arbor. Canton has great city services including a very nice fitness center. Docs is a nearby popular sports bar in Livonia, and there are many hotspots slightly north in Northville and Plymouth, then east from there will take you to Royal Oak and Ferndale. Detroit sports, theaters, festivals, museums, are all easy access via 96 or 94. Wow, I could go on and on.