Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    No, this thread is not a joke. I have not been through the area in years, but hope to take a gander at it this year if I'm in the area. There may still be major problems in the area, but at a minimum 9 or so major buildings currently undergoing or soon to undergo high quality renovations might at least mean that the area has bottomed out and is on the rebound. That does not mean that the area is already safe and stable.
    Having spent time every couple months taking images of the buildings I have seen a dramatic change in the area. Also talking last fall with many residents of the area I was mildly surprised to find quite a few long time residents in most of the functioning buildings. Many of the undamaged buildings have few available apartments. All of residents I spoke with would not move from their homes. I wanted to post the realtor.com listing for The Covington Arms but it was already gone, and the listing was only a few weeks old. Yes the crime is there but then just a few blocks from my home in Grosse Pointe are similar "sketchy characters" m.b.v. is so paranoid about. When its all said and done PP is not perfect but its far better than it was even a year ago. Also a 30 second drive by will never give one an idea of what is really happening there. You need to get out and actually look at what is going on.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; May-05-13 at 05:07 PM.