Hey, I'm with you, and if it's any consolation, I've lived most of my adult life away from Detroit, and still maintain a home in Florida, however, I recently bought a mid century modern ranch in Southfield, and am making the transition back for most of the year. I am also transitioning some of my business to Detroit proper, and look at this rotten economic time as an opportunity to help out and employ a few people.

I am able to do this financially, however, many feel stuck in a continually deteriorating situation.

I think staying is the best thing at this point. If you own your home outright, and don't owe anything on it, you are better off.

Try and get involved in the neighborhood association. Hold your elected officials accountable. Write letters, show up to open council meetings. Fight your high property taxes.

Unfortunately we're going to have to fight to keep our neighborhoods intact, as the current economic situation will only bring in parasitical landlords who will buy up homes to rent out to anyone who shows up with a check.

Grandmont/Rosedale is such a beautiful neighborhood, but only with vigilance will it survive. Please, get involved, and work with others who share the same goal.

Believe me, there is much about living in Miami that Detroiters would not put up with, and the situation here is really deteriorating fast, so the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

People in Detroit, and in Michigan live in a really beautiful place, which will need protecting, and maintenance to become even more than it is now.

As an example, Miami has no DIA, has no Cranbrook, has no neighborhoods like Palmer Woods, Rosedale Park, has no Belle Isle, has no hardwood trees, has no decent architecture, save a few buildings of note that are still standing.

Embrace what you have and turn it into the best city you can.

Start by calling out the criminals at city hall- this can be done with letter writing, blogs, showing up for council meetings. Demanding accountability.

Threaten them with bad publicity if necessary- all these things work when done consistently. Organize your neighborhood association to invite council people to speak on neighborhood issues. Be proactive, and you will end up making the difference.