Draft Day- not exactly much discussion here, but then this very well could be one of those ho-hum sort of drafts too.

Most Lions fans really aren't going to care one way or another who we draft for the team as long as it's an impact player. Also being a relatively high draft pick, my opinion is that the player needs to be an immediate contributor/ starter. Looking back at the previous Draft, I wouldn't call it bust but it seemed as though Martin Mayhew took the path of it being a luxury draft. I believed in the Mayhew magic up until last year when hardly any of the picks contributed in a substantial way to the team being better. It seemed as though Martin Mayhew took too many swigs of the previous season's near miracle successes and thought we could just supplement as opposed to looking at the obvious holes in this roster and lack of depth all around.

But enough of lambasting last year's draft. We can't change it.

Let's focus on who we think this team will draft this year. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Not that I expect the Lions' Draft Board to be scoping out the forum here but as loyal Lions' fans, we all have opinions.

After scouring many a mock draft opinions were leaning towards the Lions landing a top notch left tackle in Fisher, Joeckel, or Johnson. Early on it was for Dee Milliner, but it might look as though the offensive line guys are going to go early and Milliner's stock has dropped considerably because of previous injuries. Ziggy Ansah seems as though he might be the guy for the Lions but he has red flags all over him too because he's not that experienced.

The one guy who I think might seriously make an impact on the field might be Tavon Austin, but if this team drafts a wide receiver that early- Lions Nation will implode. There have been talks about the Lions trading the pick too- up or down. I can't see them trading up just because they need to preserve as many picks as they can. I can see them [[and secretly hope) trading down and acquiring some more picks- but then the Mayhew curse of not having any lower draft picks panning out could come into play.

Whether it's openly said or not, the Lions do want to surround Matthew Stafford with as many offensive weapons as possible. The off season addition of Reggie Bush will help but I can also see them adding some more offensive fire power in the later rounds too. We can only hope that one will pan out and we can eventually find a diamond in the rough.

We shall see.