Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
Cograts Gistok. Been enjoying your DVD.
Thanks old guy... I've been working on a version 2 that has extra chapters and more historic/rare images... free to current owners such as yourself. When it's done, I'll post it here and you can contact me for the upgrade. Being a LEGO historian is almost like having Alzheimers... you learn new things every day!

Just found out today that there's an entire new form of LEGO called "OLO" that was sold in Japan from 1969-78. For whatever reason LEGO imports were suspended during those years [[still investigating)... and LEGO Company had to create in house production... and called it OLO. This was a similar situation to Minitalia... when in 1970 the Italian Parliament forbade construction toy imports for a few years, so LEGO was produced by the LEGO Company under the Minitalia name [[separate download chapter on that from 1970-74).

Same scenario took place in Norway 1953-61, and Finland 1959-62. In fact LEGO in Finland was produced out of a barn from 1959-62...

LEGO licensed other companies to produce their product in the early years, because their sales grew faster than their capacity to make it. Samsonite was the USA/Canada licensee from 1961 until 1972/1986 respectively. And LEGO in Britain/Ireland/Australia was licensed to Courtauld's Corp. [[a UK chemical and textile maker) from 1960-92.