Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Doesnt look like Stafford wants to help out, cat say I blame him.
    In free agency I keep hearing about RB's & WR's, give me some D
    I'm not sure what the hang-up is here with Matt Stafford. All he has to do is re-structure, right? It's not like he'd be getting paid any less money. It could just be the length of deferment or some other payment schedule discussions that are holding things up. I don't see why he wouldn't do it on those grounds just because it'd also be in his best interest to loosen up some of the cap space so he and the team can accumulate more talent around him.

I'm also in agreement with getting more defensive minded with the free agency, but then it also makes me wonder if Martin Mayhew's not looking to resolve some of those issues in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    I'm not sure what the hang-up is here with Matt Stafford. All he has to do is re-structure, right? It's not like he'd be getting paid any less money. It could just be the length of deferment or some other payment schedule discussions that are holding things up. I don't see why he wouldn't do it on those grounds just because it'd also be in his best interest to loosen up some of the cap space so he and the team can accumulate more talent around him.

I'm also in agreement with getting more defensive minded with the free agency, but then it also makes me wonder if Martin Mayhew's not looking to resolve some of those issues in the draft.
    It might sound easy on the outside looking in, but it's not as easy as re-arranging the furniture in the dining room to drop in a new cozy. I read the following article and my head's still spinning from all of the number crunching that they got to navigate in order to get Matty Stafford's numbers down...

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ion_for_d.html