Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I don't think people move anywhere for just one reason. There may be a main reason but certainly there are others. I moved back to Detroit in 1998 after I graduated from the U-M because I wanted to return to my community a make a difference which, in my opinion, I did. But after almost 15 years I left Detroit and the state of Michigan. Why did I leave? I left because I wanted live in a place where I did not have to leave my city just for basic things such as groceries, clothing, services, and other necessities that one needs to purchase on a regular basis. I wanted to live in a place where basic services such as police, fire, and ambulance response was the norm rather than the exception. I wanted to live in a place where my insurance premiums were not 4 times what other people pay just because I lived in Detroit. I wanted to live in a place where the elected officials put the needs of the citizens before their own personal needs, wants, and desires. Of course safety was an issue even though I moved from a relatively safe community it was still within the city of Detroit. Would I ever move back to Detroit? At the present time I can't come up with any reason why I would or should.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; February-10-13 at 04:39 PM.