Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I kinda remember the record store, but have a much clearer memory of when Bill Freehan came to Zodeens to sign autographs! Now, THAT was an exciting day for a 12 or 13 yr old! It had to have been only a year or two after the 68 Series!

I was there for that too. It was for the Grand Opening

Buddy's Pizza-Al Ackerman

Answer to KR's last trivia question.

Better late then never.
    Last edited by zitro; April-06-09 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post

Better late then never.
    Now I know I'm getting old. Does anyone remember what the question was?

[quote=Tsomyak;3864]Now I know I'm getting old. Does anyone remember what the question was?

The question was where is the Bocce Ball Hall of Fame located and who was the
    Commissioner

That would have to be at Buddy's - 6 & Conant. As to the commish, no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    That would have to be at Buddy's - 6 & Conant. As to the commish, no clue.
    Late to the party, EB. Jeff gave the answer, but no one could remember the question.
    Originally Posted by zitro

Better late then never.

Boy, you miss a few hours of forum - and fall FAR behind. Somewhere along the last 25 posts, someone asked a question about Altar "girls" - well, I can answer that with a definite YES. Being one, myself, though just an "Emergency Server" - it's an incredible experience. We do have a few "younger" ladies of high school age that assist at Mass as servers as well.

What was the question again?

Sis and I wore "twin" outfits - we didn't have many of those, but we wanted to stand out from all the other girls drooling over a real "TIGER"!

Don't know if anyone's parent's remember "Lorraine Elsey" - but she passed away yesterday at the age of 85. She was very active the the Altar Society as well as in St. Jude Parish activities. She's also the mother-in-law of a lady I work with. The Mass will be at St. Jude on Wednesday at 10am.

Is this Doug's mother?

Yes, she did have a son Doug - I don't know him, just his brother Bill because I work with his wife. Doug has a wife, Janice.

Doug went to school with us. I remember their father used to lay carpets. I think Bill would have graduated around '63. I think there is a sister in between there somewhere. Sorry to hear about her passing

We went to school with a Doug Elsey? Why don't I remember that? Did he leave before we graduated?

We went to school with a Doug Elsey? Why don't I remember that? Did he leave before we graduated?
    I have to check the graduation pic but if he did it would have been probably gone to Beacon school in Harper Woods.

I don't remember him either, CFG, so don't feel so all alone

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I don't remember him either, CFG, so don't feel so all alone
    He was in the choir, maybe he was a year behind us.