Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    art speaks to everyone differently, that's the beauty of it. your opinion on it holds no more weight than anyone else's. you've stated time and time again that you don't like it, great, lose the attitude that everyone must share your taste. it's snobbish and egotistical...
    You also forgot arrogant!! Its pathetic that its actually considered art. I bet most of the DYers could not name the head of styling for all of the big three without googling it! We can go overboard for someone who takes other's creations and hangs them up but have no clue about those who actually create something. Also look around in the last couple years we have lost priceless artifacts actually CREATED by very talented Detroiters and nobody lifted a finger, but we hail someone who just puts our garbage out for all to see. You all need to get a reality check!
    As with the my last thread if you don't like it don't read it.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-15-12 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    You also forgot arrogant!! Its pathetic that its actually considered art. I bet most of the DYers could not name the head of styling for all of the big three without googling it! We can go overboard for someone who takes other's creations and hangs them up but have no clue about those who actually create something. Also look around in the last couple years we have lost priceless artifacts actually CREATED by very talented Detroiters and nobody lifted a finger, but we hail someone who just puts our garbage out for all to see. You all need to get a reality check!
    As with the my last thread if you don't like it don't read it.
    YOUR thread?

No one really cares whether you like Guyton's creations, or whether you consider it art. You're free to feel however you want about it and so is everyone else. What you're not free to do is completely deny it's impact. It's an influential project throughout the world, brings hundreds of thousands of visitors to Detroit, and has dramatically improved a drug-infested slum of a neighborhood.