Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
I generally try not to pin a game's outcome on what officiating can do because I'd like to think [[rose colored glasses here) that things will balance themselves out in the end but after last night's Seahawks vs. Packers debacle... I'm aghast now. The Pack got jobbed in the worst way. Goodell needs to bring back the real referees. I'm not knocking the replacements because they're trying their damndest and I'm not even so sure with this blown call I can pin it solely on them because it went up to the mysterious booth. And where is this booth? Is it right there in the stadium or is it like the NHL where it's based in Toronto and a bunch of eggheads there decide?

Seriously the NFL should just pipe in a live feed to the DYes officiating crew and let us decide the outcomes of games. I know I sure as hell could do a better job of officiating especially after seeing the Alphonse & Gaston call in the end zone.

It's about time Goodell prints a few more million and pay the regular referees. We as fans deserve better. And I know the regular guys will blow a few calls too; that's a given but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
This solely falls on the NFL's shoulders. The blown call was reviewed in the booth by the regular NFL replay officials and not under the jurisdiction of the replacement referees. While the on field referees have blown numerous calls, we really have no guarantees that the regular referees couldn't have blown the call either. We have to have faith that whatever officials they have out there will make the right calls.

What boggles my mind is that in this day and age with instant replay is that the league doesn't refer to it more often. Is it really going to delay the game that much? I'd much rather that they make the right call [[win or lose) than to lose it because we were rushed. Give the coaches more than two red flags if need be. Over turn the wrong calls and admit to human error; we'll understand as fans.