We did have some bright spots. First J. Hanson is still dependable. On a team filled with unpredictable players you can count on Hanson. One day when he decides to hang them up the Lions are going to miss him.

The running game is looking up. Leshoure and Bell looked good and ran hard. Hopefully that bodes well moving forward.

Now for the not-so-good part. The D-line couldn't get the type of pressure they needed to help out our sub-par DB's and safeties. If this continues to happen then its going to be a long season, because our D-back field is what it is and without pressure from the front seven they will continue to be exposed. Special teams play left a lot to be desired but I think that correctable. If you read my posts in the past you know I am not a fan of Pettigrew's game. Today just confirmed to me that we need to draft a TE next draft with the purpose of having him compete for his job. For every good play that he makes he drops three passes and that strip was just awful. I think that position can be upgraded.

I think in Calvin's cases, defenses are coming up with all kinds of schemes to shut him down, it seems that Stafford does look for him if he can determine that there is one on one coverage, but I don't think you want to force to many high passes to him in the middle of the field because you will be exposing him to injury

After three games I see a team that is about the same as last year, I see a winning record but not a playoff team. If they somehow make the playoffs they will be one and done like last year.