Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

FYI, Many departments have moved on to Smith & Wesson's Military & Police [[M&P) models. The Glocks were issued so long ago that the first one with the DPD serial number was given to Coleman Young--I almost bought his Glock at auction a few years back but I like steel frame handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I wouldn't figure that a simple hug would make that gun fire. Husbands and wives do it every day saying good bye to their families. I know that the Glocks for the DPD do not have a safety, [[does anyone know if it was the department issued weapon or his off-duty weapon)? they have to keep a round in the chamber, but usually the holsters have a snap or guard of some kind to prevent the weapon from falling out.
    So very sad for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagley View Post
    FYI, Many departments have moved on to Smith & Wesson's Military & Police [[M&P) models. The Glocks were issued so long ago that the first one with the DPD serial number was given to Coleman Young--I almost bought his Glock at auction a few years back but I like steel frame handguns.
    DPD got rid of their Glocks a few years ago. Don't know why, can't believe they were breaking, those things are indestructable.