Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Question – how is Redford Township holding-up these days? I bought my first home near 6 mile/Beech Daly back in the late 90’s, and I really enjoyed living there. The neighborhood was nice, working class, relatively diverse, clean, never any problems -- we felt completely safe in that area. Is it still a nice area?

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Question – how is Redford Township holding-up these days? I bought my first home near 6 mile/Beech Daly back in the late 90’s, and I really enjoyed living there. The neighborhood was nice, working class, relatively diverse, clean, never any problems -- we felt completely safe in that area. Is it still a nice area?

I've lived there for 8 years now. There are parts of town that are worse than others [[just like anyplace really), the last year or two there are more reports of crime in general, and more brazen criminals [[again, seems like that is happening in a lot of places).

I live in that same area west of Beech south of 6 Mile, and I couldn't ask for a nicer neighborhood. Even with some turnover in our neighbors as some of the older folks move on, everyone is friendly, respectful, and generally cares about taking care of thier stuff. Love being able to walk up to the small businesses in our 4 block commercial district on 6 Mile, something you wouldn't get in many of our neighboring towns.

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    I've lived there for 8 years now. There are parts of town that are worse than others [[just like anyplace really), the last year or two there are more reports of crime in general, and more brazen criminals [[again, seems like that is happening in a lot of places).

I live in that same area west of Beech south of 6 Mile, and I couldn't ask for a nicer neighborhood. Even with some turnover in our neighbors as some of the older folks move on, everyone is friendly, respectful, and generally cares about taking care of thier stuff. Love being able to walk up to the small businesses in our 4 block commercial district on 6 Mile, something you wouldn't get in many of our neighboring towns.
    Thanks for the update – it’s good to hear that area is still doing well. I was on the opposite side of you -- North of 6-mile, East of Beech [[Olympia Street).

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Thanks for the update – it’s good to hear that area is still doing well. I was on the opposite side of you -- North of 6-mile, East of Beech [[Olympia Street).
    I drive through that area often to go to baseball games at Claude Allison. Which leads me to the only complaint, which is that there has been quite a bit of stuff going on in that park... strange given there is a fire station staffed 24/7 attached to it, but its such a big area there are a lot of places to stay out of view.

The Township recently got a grant and installed some cameras, hopefully that will help because some people are afraid to take thier kids there during 'off' times.