Yes, Omaha, well done. But....

I'm a little concerned how the and the are placed.

If you're a Colbert Conservative, it means you're a [[not so)secret liberal. Did I get that right?

The very founding of our nation, our Constitution, Bill of Rights, came from this enlightnment exercise of liberty and freedom, and unfortunately are terms that have been co-opted in the recent past by the right wing in America.

I do feel that the term "right wing" has been labeled a perjorative in recent years, especially in light of the election of Obama, and other populists who owe, in part, their success to the failures of the right.

In practice, though, returning to an earlier time and place is antithetical to the American way of life, and ultimately will fail, as it finally has, I believe.

Instead of continuing with a fairly consistent swing of the pendulum back and forth in our national politics, the election of Obama, and the further regression of the Republican party, is indicative that this swing motion may have played out, and we are finally going to recognize that fundamental change is on the way, restoring our founding fathers' ideals, and fulfilling the promise of constant progression- moving forward rather than backward, which is all the Republicans offer us.