Quote Originally Posted by wardwood View Post
You can't have it both ways. Either you support the DRIC/NITC or you support Matty Maroun, not both.
First, I can have it any way I want; it's an opinion. Second, I don't "support" Matty at all. I just don't hate him. If he wants to build another bridge on his own, I have no opposition to that [[I know Ontario does, so it likely won't occur). And I support NITC. I do think they need to be very careful about it's finances [[particularly who pays for overruns, which always occur). Detroit/Windsor/Michigan/Ontario/Canada/United State/Construction Companies/Chambers of Commerce/and Construction Unions would have it built already if they had all their own ducks in a row. Matty Maroun has no ability to stop a bridge, other than to advertise and lobby. Pro-bridge people are more numerous, wealthy [[collectively), and weild more power. Reminds me of when the Lions sucked. The Lions were never terrible BECAUSE the other teams were good. They lost on their own. I hope the NITC gets built [[although I hardly think it's a be-all-and-end-all issue for the city or region). I also hope Matty builds a new Ambassador. But whatever. A new bridge would be beneficial. Two bridges would be better. I'm not sure that revenue would justify 2 spans, nice as that would be. It's just a bridge. Won't fix Detroit all by itself.