Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
Is any function/capacity of public service sacred anymore?
The sad thing about this is that there are very legitimate conversations that need to be had with someone advocating for liberal and progressive causes. But when all the people who are representing that side of the argument turn out to be running a criminal and corrupt organization...

[[1) Reasonable progressive ideas become the collateral damage in the marketplace of ideas,

[[2) The people these civic leaders are supposed to be championing become the victims of the theft,

[[3) The most marginalized citizens among us are left to choose between leaders who are openly hostile or covertly hostile...leaving them to trust no one...which makes it that much more difficult for the next group of leaders to solve problems.

Government can only function when it's citizens trust it to have power. Right now that trust is lost, and everyone is running amok. I'm totally fine bringing in emergency power to tear the whole thing up.

There's gonna be collateral damage either way...either the fair-minded well-intended non-corrupt leaders will have to take the fall, or the masses, the citizens, the constituents will have to take the fall.

I don't like having to make that choice, but we're at the point where there aren't too many other options. And I know which side of the line I fall on.