Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I need one so I can buy some glasses from Warby Parker or eyefly). They need a prescription no more than two years old and mine is just over.

Any recommendations?
    While a eye exam is definitely a good idea you can order glasses at www.zennioptical.com without one. The website does say that it's required, but I ordered 4 pairs a few months ago and they never asked for a copy of my prescription. The total shipped for all 4 was just over $70!

America's Best, Highland Park
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/americas-best-contacts-and-eyeglasses-highland-park

I just moved into one of the new apartments in downtown Detroit from Ann Arbor. When I needed new contact lenses appointment, I searched for the nearest location and found the one in Highland Park. Frankly, I was a bit skeptical as I know that Highland Park is better known for its blight than high-end retail.

But I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; March-21-12 at 11:37 AM.

3. Default

Dr. Murray Feldman on Michigan is the way to go.

He is next to Yellow Tigers Karate, kind of near Prince Valley Supermercado Gigante.

I got my eye exam there on a walk-in basis for $20 with no insurance. He does things old school, but my prescription is perfectly accurate. I would guess that he's cash only.