Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Certainly a lack of controls which needs to be addressed including firing those responsible. That said, the article is lacking in detail. It appears [[from what I infer) that the $11 million was for multiple functions[[ Choice Pantry, the boutique in question and a call center operation that had capacity to help 60,000 families in need).

I'd like the news to show how much moey was lost on this bs operation and how much of the 11MM was spent on functions that did provide service.

We need to root out corruption and fire/charge all those responsible but it appears the news isn't being honest in the implication that $11MM was earmarked for clothing 400 job seekers [[since that would be an allocation of $27,500 per person.

Seems to me the news is going for sensationalism to make this waste of money seem even worse. The city can't manage their money and the news can't manage their facts.
$11 million in this article, $20 million in another article....this certainly isn't chump change. The news media isn't to blame for this and even if a few facts are incorrect, the ultimate blame for this lack of control over their house is the City of Detroit and specifically Mayor Dave Bing.