Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by highjinx View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicions that this is the Pine Lanes that used to be located on Pinehurst and Warren Ave; 10540 Warren Road Dearborn.
    I bowled at Pine Lanes when I was 12 to 13 years old; I lived on Pinehurst north of Joy Road and my mom would let me go on my own during the summer to bowl there; 20¢ a game during the daytime hours; had the place to myself most times.
    I recall the island that was at the end of Pinehurst just before it came to Warren Road. It changed though, by the time I was driving.
    It is now either a new or remodel building called Dearborn Outlet.
    I recall the glass block windows from when I walked by the side of the building; the entrance was right on that corner of the building.
    The house in the back ground, has the same type of roof line as the one there currently.
    Wish I lived in the area, I'd go by and take a picture from the exact angle to see for sure.
    Argyle on Northlawn south of Plymouth Rd. next to the Bell Telephone Building was the other bowling alley I most frequented.
    Gremmels on West Chicago and Manor had one upstairs from it's lounge/restaurant; a manual pin setting lanes; too young to bowl there when it was in operation.

I used to bowl at Pine Tree Lanes on W. Warren Rd and Pinehurst St. back in 1997 just a year before it closed. Dearborn Mercury Lanes on Schaefer Rd is the last neighborhood bowling alley in that city. Still family owned since 1948.

Oxford Lanes was closed in December 31st 2011.

Schaefer Lanes was closed in 1999 now its a Arab-owned strip mall.

Holiday Bowl on Schaefer Rd. was closed in 1997. Now its Islamic Mosque called The Islamic Institute of Knowledge and an Islamic School called Riverside Academy.

Argyle Lanes is lone gone, became a local bank before it closed and now a church.

Last edited by Danny; March-05-12 at 11:23 AM.