Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
That is frustrating. That incident happened just a few feet away from where the senior was beaten up in the parking lot of the party store that was caught on camera and made national headlines, a couple of years ago.Nobody helped him either.

You have people that are scared themselves to help. Some may feel they are being set up.When you live in the city you can't have your blinders on. According to the article he did get someone to help him, but yes its a shame
It is frustrating seeing people walk by him and appear to not had done anything. There was a guy on his cell phone. Could he had been calling for help? We don't know. There were times that people had approahced my car at night while I was stopped at a light. I made sure my doors were locked and I had taken off. There are people who do lay on the sidewalks or crawling on the sidewalks and ignore help. Some of them are high or drunk. This is the element that is in the city. It makes it worse for someone who REALLY need help.I try not to stop at a gas station in the city. I don't care if it is daytime. I had challenged Charles Pugh when he had said that it is the community responsiblity to make sure that troublemakers are not hainging around the gas station. I told him that the community, including the gas station attendance, could only do so much without police assistance.