Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Russell Bust

Hybrid View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    How do people who bust pot farms take themselves or their life seriously? Do they actually feel like they are doing something productive or importan, or do they just like busting people? Wouldn't they feel better about themselves if they were out solving actual real crime?

Questions, questions.

How wonderful it must be to judge people and their lives with such reckless disregard. I am certain that whatever it is that you do must be quite productive and important. I mean, it must be; how else can you draw such a conclusion unless you were looking down from higher ground?

I suspect that these people of which you speak work, pay taxes, have family and loved ones, perhaps children or other people that they love, protect, and support. I suspect that those people who love them, depend on them and worry about them take their lives pretty fucking seriously.

We may run different races, but we are all rats in the end, Occurrence.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post

I suspect that these people of which you speak work, pay taxes, have family and loved ones, perhaps children or other people that they love, protect, and support. I suspect that those people who love them, depend on them and worry about them take their lives pretty fucking seriously.

We may run different races, but we are all rats in the end, Occurrence.
    And these DEA people are busting people who work, pay taxes, have family and loved ones, perhaps children or other people that they love, protect, and support.

I'm just wondering how they can do this over something as miniscule as pot, a relatively harmless plant that grows naturally on this planet, and still manage to sleep at night. That's all. I'm guessing they probably feel that what they do it honorable in some way.

They did an excellent job at shutting down all those dispensaries though. That really made our communities much safer. The profits that were previously taxed by the state are now finally going into the hands of the right people......

bartock Guest

And these DEA people are busting people who work, pay taxes, have family and loved ones, perhaps children or other people that they love, protect, and support.

I'm just wondering how they can do this over something as miniscule as pot, a relatively harmless plant that grows naturally on this planet, and still manage to sleep at night. That's all. I'm guessing they probably feel that what they do it honorable in some way.

They did an excellent job at shutting down all those dispensaries though. That really made our communities much safer. The profits that were previously taxed by the state are now finally going into the hands of the right people......

That is just missing the point. Forgetting possible motives, I get that there are some folks who are very dogmatic when it comes to the issue of making drugs legal. There are also folks who are very dogmatic when it comes to the issue of enforcing the Law. I was pointing out that you basically took a steaming shit on the lives of people that are simply doing what most of us are...making a living, taking care of loved ones, etc. You basically said their lives are worthless because [sometimes] they are "busting people" who grow pot.

...and it is pretty hard to become a DEA agent. I suspect that most if not all of them are fairly proud of it.

Occurrence Guest

I'm sure they are proud. The world needs people out there to enforce morality. Makes things more interesting.

I'm sure they felt proud and justified in shutting down medical marijuana dispensaries as well. We can't have people getting safe legal access to medicine. It's better for everyone when they obtain it illegally.

bartock Guest

I'm sure they are proud. The world needs people out there to enforce morality. Makes things more interesting.

I'm sure they felt proud and justified in shutting down medical marijuana dispensaries as well. We can't have people getting safe legal access to medicine. It's better for everyone when they obtain it illegally.
    Let me indulge, then. These DEA agents just don't get it. Their lives have zero meaning and they should be ashamed of themselves for breathing the same air as others because they "busted" illegal operations that YOU feel should be legal. So clear now....

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Let me indulge, then. These DEA agents just don't get it. Their lives have zero meaning and they should be ashamed of themselves for breathing the same air as others because they "busted" illegal operations that YOU feel should be legal. So clear now....
    I wouldn't go that far. I just wish they would use their resources for more important things, that's all.