Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
How many members of the last city council do you honestly think had the education and background to be qualified for their positions?

How about the current city council?
Where did I state that the last or current council was qualified. I have been pretty consistent in my statements that they are not doing a good job. I however temper that with the fact that the current situation in the city is due to a number of things beyond just city council.

I'm curious what education and background you believe are needed to be qualified for the position. We have ineffective leadership in Lansing and Washington but most of them are 'educated'.

So I will respond to your question with some direct question:

1. Ignoring city council do you believe that there are a significant number of other players that have been involved in the city's demise? If so, who.
2. Do you think that the real root of the city's issues are poor planning and decision making that goes back to the 50s? If so, was it federal, state, local level or a combination of the three.
3. Do you think that the unions whether the necessary ones [[like PD and FD) or the worthless ones like AFCSME [[worthless in my opinion) have contributed to the decline of the city.
4. Do you think bitching about city council and their budget is akin to people claiming that potholes were Hiroshima's biggest issues on August 7, 1945.

Because, ultimately BA and others like him are pretty consistent with their message that if it were not for city council, Coleman Young and Kwame that this city would still be considered a world class city. I think the problems and the blame are much, much broader than that and focusing solely on city council is ignorant.