Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
My device doesn't even have an AM dial. It's FM only. On my other radio, AM barley comes in, making the game unlistenable.

Contractional or not, it seems odd that a team and franchise that is considered one of the the best in all of professional sports can't do better that a bad AM signal.

With all the things the NHL did to ruin the game over the years, the NBA is officially worse. Hopefully the new owner does this region a favor and moves the Pistons somewhere else. I don't think many people here would care.
Excuse me, Arbiter of Metro Sport. The Pistons may be struggling at the moment but they're a proud franchise that's had a lot of success and generated a lot of business and excitement in the area. I don't like that they play in Auburn Hills but I'm glad they're at least in the state.

I may not care for hockey [[any sport that starts with the premise that you have to freeze the ground in order to play it is little more than a gimmick) but I'm grateful that we have them. It would seem much of the country would agree since it's rather difficult to find hockey on cable or broadcast TV. Basketball of all skill levels is on all the time and some of it's fringe players are far more recognizable than Sindey Crosby. And the Wings do not sell out every night but that's likely due to the terrible scheduling of the NHL.

So I'm sorry you didn't do research before you bought your "device" but there's no need to attack something that's been so good for the area because your regular season game got moved to AM. I returned a counter mount TV/radio because it didn't have AM because I listen to 1310. It's probably a bigger radio crime that 1130 and 760 are allowed to spew the same misinformation on two of our strongest stations while the lone voice of opposition, 1310, gets little more than a pair of rabbit ears to push their signal.