Victor was my catcher in fantasy baseball last year. Guess I can cross him off my list of potential keeper candidates [[he wasn't a top candidate anyways, but might as well make it official)

V-Mart will be out for a year, and then he has two more years remaining on his contract if memory serves. Therefore, I wouldn't break the bank or go out and sign someone to a long term deal. Vlad Guerrero sounds like a good option to fill in for a year. Will he match V-Marts production? No, but if he had been expected to, then he would have gotten the four year deal last year. But, he can fill in adequately I would think, enough to hopefully keep the pitches coming to Miggy, which is really the point of our DH spot.

As far as fall-off the guy I'm most worried about is Avila. He surprised me big time last year, but down the stretch and in the playoffs he definitely had some tough spots. You certainly can't pencil him in for what he did last year. With Fister and a more mature Scherzer in place, the rotation could handle a bit of a return to earth with Verlander. Same goes with Valverde, now that we have Dotel who as long as he stays healthy, is about 100x less wild than Ryan Perry [[cya!) and can keep things more steady this year and even fill in for Valverde now and then as he has been a closer in the past.