Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Both of these, umm er, 'leaders' are so extreme so as to cancel each other out... Thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasementBeat View Post
    ...sounds more like a potential religious firestorm of hatred instead.

Well stated. They are almost caricatures, though their positions are held strongly be some, most certainly. However, most white supremacists are not donning 'pointed' hats at this point, it's more diffused. Further, the son of man hardly summarizes all black voice or politic... what are their recruitment numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    ...Neither group even remotely represents either side. A waste of time, money, resources, and words.

Lowell: "Who's the moderator? Jerry Springer?"
    This sounds like a Jerry Springer show, but freedom of speech is good because it gets everything out on the floor including some things the other side might not be aware of. I came across pictures of the Republican candidates' houses and only Huntsman might be living a neighborhood with any diversity. They don't have any skin in the game so they can skirt issues the program will bring up. Most of the program's audience will probably go away being more committed to being moderate and understanding after listening to extremes. On the other hand, perhaps the two speakers will have some commonality and agree to live and let live separately. Canada sometimes presents the idea of a mosaic of peoples as being superior to a melting pot.

'Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism.'
    -Ayn Rand

Do we really need this conversation ? Frankly I get sick of these so called conversations. People pretty much have there positions staked out and they will try and justify to the other people why they think as they do. If you are not in a position to personally affect my life then whether you are racist or not is not my concern.

Racism is simply a tool to economically exploit people who are not in power. It is a justification to have people develop/steal economic resources from people who lack power. When the Europeans first came over and saw this great country their primary concern was how would they be able to exploit the resources at the least cost. The answer was to have other people do it. However in order to get the people to buy in to it they had to create the theme that these people we are exploiting are inferior, and have not only the people on top believe it but the people they are exploiting as well. Religion, because it can be interpret in almost any matter you want was one of the tools in the toolbox to carry it off.

This country has been economically developed/exploited to the hilt there is no need for the concept of racism any more. However fools have internalized and passed the concept down to there offspring. If people could see that the concept of racism has nothing to do with the individual but is about plunder and stealing and exploiting , then maybe they could see it for what it is, and then maybe this "American dream" concept that I hear people talking about could happen for everybody.
    Last edited by firstandten; December-31-11 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackdog View Post
    I thought we all wanted the same thing - love, understanding, respect. Religion has a way of dividing that up. What is it about God that divides people? I thought he was supposed to be a uniter of people? Guess I was wrong. No wonder I'm an athiest.
    I was listening to a show on CBC and they were discussing the effect of 911. The one fellow said that if you look back at the 20th century, which he stated is the worst when it comes to atrocities, many of the movements that resulted in genocide, e.g. Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao, Lenin, were avowedly atheist. I'm not absolving religion here, I'm just saying.

True! Just a cursory web search along with some general reading on the historicity or wars and genocides and the world views of their 'leaders' will confirm this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    I was listening to a show on CBC and they were discussing the effect of 911. The one fellow said that if you look back at the 20th century, which he stated is the worst when it comes to atrocities, many of the movements that resulted in genocide, e.g. Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao, Lenin, were avowedly atheist. I'm not absolving religion here, I'm just saying.

So, did anyone actually listen to this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zackdog View Post
    I thought we all wanted the same thing - love, understanding, respect. Religion has a way of dividing that up. What is it about God that divides people? I thought he was supposed to be a uniter of people? Guess I was wrong. No wonder I'm an athiest.
    God divides people from its language because man is about to defy the natural world by building a tower to the clouds. Once mankind is babel-ized, then came different cultures and religions.

God is an uniter of mankind, but He wants to make sure that mankind's sins are erased, first.

What do white people see in black people in 10,000 years?

1. Inferior people from the large northern deserts of Africa.

2. Fit for slavery

3. By reading the Webster's dictonary. The White perpective for black is wicked, dark, opposite of black, dark, evil! [[ Now be well aware the Webster is a well educated university bound white elistist man)

4. negro

5. ebony wood

6. coon

7. Rautus

8. Mantan

9. Buckwheat

10. Stimey

11. Aunt Jemima

12. colored

13. Alabama Porch Monkies

14. mudface

15. And yes the forbidden word of all NIGGER!

What do black people see in white people in 10,000 years?

1.Fit for ruling the Earth and oppress other people

2. People from north lands

3. By reading Webster's dictionary white is opposite of black, light, pure, clean, honest, good. [[ If the dictionary was written be the black man, the definations for black and white should be different.)

4. pig

5. honkie

6. racist

7.The forbidden word of all, PECKERWOOD!

Those terms will be discussed between black and white people in every meetings when it came of the mythological concept of race.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    Those people were also authoritarians who got rid of anyone who was a threat to their power including religiously skeptical academics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2