Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Who wants to bet the Whole Foods will pull out?

One of the main things they were considering was the Light-Rail, because the MLK/Mack station was steps away.

Detroit.... fare well, and goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post

One of the main things they were considering was the Light-Rail, because the MLK/Mack station was steps away.

If that happens...oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    If that happens...oh boy...
    Yes, and I'm sure Megan Owens or Sue Mosey can fill you in on more. There were many developments in the works hoping for the Light-Rail. Heck, probably even the Broderick tower or Whitney building. Everyone keeps advertising how the ligh-rail is coming, blah blah blah. No one is going to listen to someone say "hey a bus is going to come!"

Anyway, there was an estimated 3 BILLION dollars in economic development headed for Woodward corridor, and its all pretty much shattered now. There will be a Studio One apartments here and there, a couple rehabs here and there, but nothing more. No huge turn around we've all been waiting for.

"You all have already expressed my anger, and I'm trying to stay calm. So I have a related question. Did we at least get an agreed-upon regional transit authority out of this?"

An agreement? An agreement by Snyder, who couldn't deliver votes for a bridge and Bing, who can't deliver anything for the city? Oh sure, there's talk of an agreement. I'm sure the Republicans in Lansing and L. Brooks Patterson are going to push that forward as fast as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post

I doubt they are coming anyway.

And if they do [[majority of it being funded by taxpayers), they would likely fold within 2 years.

Remember Zaccarros? If no place in the city can support a Kroger and a slightly smaller Whole Foods minus the national corporate name, there's no way it can support a Whole Foods.