Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

" I want one and if I didn't get the G8 last year, exactly a year actually, I would be plotting on this right now. "

Both are assembled outside the U.S. Where's the "buy American" spirit we've heard so much about on this forum lately? The G8 isn't even North American built.

OK - I'm tired of Mexico also.

ccbatson Guest

As on the other post...profits [[if Obama allows any) come home.

"As on the other post...profits [[if Obama allows any) come home."

So... the answer is move ALL production out of the U.S. where there is cheaper labor and as long as the profits come back to Detroit the auto industry will be OK?

ccbatson Guest

What do you think? If they are profitable, they will not be begging for taxpayer bailouts and threatening bankruptcy. Although down/rightsized, they will still employ hundreds of thousands of Americans directly and indirectly. Even better, If people saw the wisdom of breaking the unions, there would be less need to outsource such that only the very low level jobs would go to China/India/Mexico/Brazil...etc which is good for both us in the form of lower costs, and them in the form of jobs and wages far better than they would have had otherwise.