Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Sad, and from the look of it the van was clearly not able to stop in time.
    That is an understatement.

I go down to the Calder Dairy store on Southfield and Fort every once in a while...and this was my route home...I'm not usually on this freeway, and try to avoid them all during rush hour. Suffered one idiot who was lane-hopping all the way from Southfield over the big bridge...trying to get to 90 when traffic was clearly all doing 70. I always enjoy staying with them or slightly ahead, sometimes I wave.

Rounded that curve and dip after the West End/Springwells exit in the right-hand lane [[because almost nobody ever uses that over the Rouge Bridge)...still watching bozo changing lanes in his new Ford, since he finally got in front of me...only to have to change lanes myself, rather quickly just after Livernois, to avoid the trucks at a dead stop in that lane.

I noticed that it was particularly backed up yesterday...so damn tragic. How many people have to die before they put up some warning signs? Why have we installed two generations of electronic signage that at best can merely remind us that wearing seat belts is a good idea? They make me crazy when they have to say inane crap that should be common fucking sense!

<sigh>
    Last edited by Gannon; August-25-11 at 06:58 AM.