Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Detrioter72

When was the last time you went to a political rally or worked on a campaign?

When was the last time you read the position papers of two competing candidates?

When was the last time you made a donaton to a candidate that you really admired?

The truth of the matter is most voters don't do any of that.
    The truth of the matter is most citizens dont even bother to vote.

So whats left?

The majority of voters watch campaign ads on tv or listen to them on the radio and then to decide how to vote based on what they see on tv.

Here is the problem...if the voter ONLY knows what he sees on TV that greatly favors the incumbent who can force vendors to contribute to thier campaigns.

Do you get it now? It not about stuipd voters....well its more about who can spend the most money and incumbent can spend more because they have the opportunity to steal more.

The media is not blamless...why dont they provide free and equal adversiting to all political candidates? Where do you think all that money goes that candidates raise?

It goes to getting their names and faces all over the air waves so the voters will rember their names at the next election.

That is why we need term limits....If i could only vote for Clinton twice why the hell should Ficano name have been on the ballot 13 times. Enough is Enoungh. TERM LIMITS! Save us from ourselves.
    Last edited by emperorofchina; August-05-11 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorofchina View Post
    The truth of the matter is most voters don't do any of that.
    The truth of the matter is most citizens dont even bother to vote..
    I would say this is the larger problem.

The majority of voters watch campaign ads on tv or listen to them on the radio and then to decide how to vote based on what they see on tv.

Here is the problem...if the voter ONLY knows what he sees on TV that greatly favors the incumbent who can force vendors to contribute to thier campaigns.

Do you get it now? It not about stuipd voters....well its more about who can spend the most money and incumbent can spend more because they have the opportunity to steal more.

The media is not blamless...why dont they provide free and equal adversiting to all political candidates? Where do you think all that money goes that candidates raise?

It goes to getting their names and faces all over the air waves so the voters will rember their names at the next election..
    Having been politically active since I was 18 and have even run for office myself, I can't understand why people don't take the time to research the candidates for themselves. We have become a nation of soundbites, and that is what we base our votes on. The media is partially responsible for this because they know it gets good ratings. Also, when you have stations that have entertainers masquerading as legitimate news anchors[[Beck, Hannity, Olberman, etc), they play up the soundbite angle because their audiences love it. The problem is many times they play only part of the bite, and take it out of context. Then the sheep believe it to be true and base their votes on that.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; August-06-11 at 11:26 AM.

I so agree with Detroitej 72!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I would say this is the larger problem.

Having been politically active since I was 18 and have even run for office myself, I can't understand why people don't take the time to research the candidates for themselves. We have become a nation of soundbites, and that is what we base our votes on. The media is partially responsible for this because they know it gets good ratings. Also, when you have stations that have entertainers masquerading as legitimate news anchors[[Beck, Hannity, Olberman, etc), they play up the soundbite angle because their audiences love it. The problem is many times they play only part of the bite, and take it out of context. Then the sheep believe it to be true and base their votes on that.

Furthermore, because the public is highly uninformed and ignorant, they cannot make good choices.

For example, in the Eighties, Michelle Bachmann would have been laughed at for her consideration as a Presidential hopeful. However, she leads the pack over viable candidates.

American is fastly becoming a nation of ignorants.

While the government, of China makes 20 year plans for projects and their national budget. America cannot make a budget for one year.

While the people of China applauds scientists and educators, we applaud entertainers.

Presently, you cannot trust the America people to make the choice for good leaders. Many will vote for people based upon popularity and not for intelligence.

Ignorant People elect Ignorant Leaders.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Furthermore, because the public is highly uninformed and ignorant, they cannot make good choices.

For example, in the Eighties, Michelle Bachmann would have been laughed at for her consideration as a Presidential hopeful. However, she leads the pack over viable candidates.

American is fastly becoming a nation of ignorants.

While the government, of China makes 20 year plans for projects and their national budget. America cannot make a budget for one year.

While the people of China applauds scientists and educators, we applaud entertainers.

Presently, you cannot trust the America people to make the choice for good leaders. Many will vote for people based upon popularity and not for intelligence.

Ignorant People elect Ignorant Leaders.

I am guilty of my share of grammar and spelling mistakes.

However, it is really hard to accept a premise that Americans are ignorant when you've absolutely annihilated the English language making it.

Default Term limits

Ficano needs to go!

Enough is Enoungh. TERM LIMITS! Save us from ourselves.
    Where do you propose having term limits? At the County Executive or Commission level? I don't need to be saved from myself. I research the candidates before I vote. Term limits aren't the answer. We have them in State level, & all it has done is create a game of musical chairs for different political seats for politicians to fill. Why did Gary Woronchak run for county commissioner as a Democrate? He was term limited out of the Michigan House where he served as a Republican.