Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
I recall it being full of suburbanites and perhaps only a 45 minute wait in 2005-2006. I usually just order[[ed) carry out.
Full? Yes. Crammed to the rafters? Not quite yet, by my memory. Now the very idea of a meal there is a joke. Three deep at the bar, five deep at the door, just way too much for my taste. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad it's a "success." Hearty high-fives for Cooley and company. Heck, I have a friend who works there and that person will never want for tip money, for sure. But I see no reason to wait for a seat at Slows when I can just go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
But I didn't go that much so perhaps I missed something. Present company excluded, I saw a fair number of sniveling city hipster d-bags and suburbanites then, there are just more of both now. Didn't see or hear about the Dukes of Hazard stuff you've described, but dine and dashes are not exclusive to suburbanites in trucks in Detroit city proper.
Haha. I thought I'd get some guff for that, but I wouldn't say it unless I'd bet good money on it being true. Anyway, it's not some generalization about suburbanites. Just an anecdote about being careful what you wish for. Want more customers? You got them. And some are d-bags.