Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Where exactly do they do this? I don't think it's very common to shop for groceries where you work.

Take the GM Tech Center. Tons of highly paid engineers. Far, far better workplace demographics than Midtown.

Why isn't there a Whole Foods near GM Tech? Why are there basically no upscale stores in North Warren?
    jsmyers is right, Bham.

People commute to WSU and the DMC from all over Michigan, including commutes of over an hour. Many of them take I-75 or -94 during rush hour. Shopping on Mack and burning an hour before getting on I-75 would be very convenient for many people.
    And there is upscale housing in Midtown. But add in the employers downtown and and the DMC, and the residential areas near WSU, and you have a built in market already. I just fear for the Butcher Shoppe, I don't think it'll last...
    Last edited by j to the jeremy; July-28-11 at 03:46 PM.