Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Astro Coffee

Well that's lower than annoying Starbucks crud coffee and their other heated non-descript liquid concoctions... and expensive WIFI... Ick!
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    $3.18??? Forget it - Tim Hortons will do fine. And you don't have to wait for it to brew.

ha! I have never 'gotten' Starbucks. I go there maybe twice a year and I never enjoy it. I'm a Tim Horton or Dunkin Donuts enthusiast for better or worse. But what works for me is to get a coffee and get back on the road, so personally I never sit in a coffee shop and spend time.

I hope Astro does well, some independent coffee shops have a lot of unique ambience that the chains cannot achieve. And if Michigan Ave. is on the rebound something besides bars/restaurants will eventually be needed to diversify the mix of businesses.

Yeah, SBucks has always been yucky coffee, foamed up and crapped up, or plain... same junk... not that I am a bean expert or what not. I just know nasty, high priced, hyped coffee when I taste it... at least at DDunuts you can drive by get, it and keep it movin' and they 'ain't' trying to be deluxe bean or nothing...

I like Biggey's [[sp?) a bit better as they have FREE WIFI!

Going to check out Astro's this week. Do they have free WIFI?

..do they have a website, with a menu?
    what kind of snacks do they have? cookies, etc.
    do they serve mocha espresso?

I had went to Astro this past saturday. I am still waiting on a coffee shop where the seating area is large. The only one is Bigby.Most of the independent coffee shops that are in Detroit are small with not much seating.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had went to Astro this past saturday. I am still waiting on a coffee shop where the seating area is large. The only one is Bigby.Most of the independent coffee shops that are in Detroit are small with not much seating.
    We were at Astro Friday , certainly not large but the product was good & fair priced .

Have you tried Cafe Con Leche ?? Probably the largest independent .
    Last edited by Coplin; July-18-11 at 10:32 PM.

Motor City Java House has a huge space. It is on Lahser just north of Grand River, next to the Redford Theater.

http://www.michigannow.org/2011/02/1...s-coffee-shop/

OMG, I haven't been to Astro Coffee yet and I'm already fucking sick of it.

I am sure they care, you seem to be SUCH their target market...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    OMG, I haven't been to Astro Coffee yet and I'm already fucking sick of it.
    hahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

That's funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2