Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
I read this this morning and I have to ask: If you close up the community centers and parks like this water park, what do you expect the children to do with no where to go?
The answer to that is a message to the detnews posters and conservatives on this board who don't think the government should be in the business of running parks:
They are going to go to your homes and rob your families. Don't be surprised when they do.
A bunch of poor children with broken homes, broken schools, and fewer places to go. Now, literally the only place they can go is the streets. Where they learn all sorts of ways to kill and be killed.
As for the 120 jobs, it sounds excessive, and I'm sure they could make due with a leaner workforce, but I'm guessing many of those 120 jobs are, again, going to young people who can then save for things like a car and college instead of slinging dope.
Why don't we just eliminate taxes all-together and use the money we save to build ourselves pillboxes and concrete bunkers from which to defend ourselves from our neighbors?