In classic Detroit fashion, blaming the victim.

The original poster attested to the fact that this strip mall is nearly empty. Did all those other owners commit some type of fraud as well, before closing up shop? Or maybe that got sick of this type of shit. Honestly, what is the incentive to open a small business or franchise in Detroit, other than pure emotional attachment to the city? Other than liquor stores, which are awful but more secure than a SuperMax, the city is devoid of quality small retail outside of the cutesy stuff in Midtown.

Eight times in one year should not surprise anyone who is familiar with the crime in this city. I'd say that is about par for the course, especially with a store that sells merchandise that would be so popular with ghetto folk.

I'm not going to give away where I work, but we just had some ridiculous shit stolen. Anything that has the value of a few dollars people in this city will go through incredible lengths to get to. The simple fact that this store [[had) windows and was a storefront makes it fair game in this city.