Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The bizarre thing about this plan is that they intend to make $10 million from it. According to one of the earlier stories posted in this thread they only make $10 million a year from the daytime parking enforcement when they are giving out tickets like Halloween candy! Unless there is some sort of collusion with the lot owners to force people to park on the street I can't see this program generating that much revenue.

DetroitPole Guest

I'd estimate a good half of the card readers do not work.

Whose friend/family member gets the contract for new meter stickers? I'm sure they will be defective and fall off in the rain. Can we get some more of those stupid weird plastic things to cover the streetlight bases while we're at it? If the city didn't do dumb shit like that in the first place, or pay people like former Department of Human Services Director Shenetta Coleman to lie, cheat, and steal, they would not need to literally nickle and dime the common person at the parking meter to cover the budget that they screwed up.

Oh yeah, are those Crown Vics with the X in the middle of their license plate going to get tickets after hours too? I see those parked in ridiculous places all the time. Hmm, probably not...oh yeah, what are we still doing with those?

They are out slapping new stickers on all meters right now.

For those that don't know. When you get a ticket for at a non-working or defective meter, note the parking meter on the ticket and write defective meter. Make a copy and then mail in. Usually results in no fine.

[QUOTE=manualshift;256764] When you get a ticket for at a non-working or defective meter, note the parking meter on the ticket and write defective meter. Make a copy and then mail in. Usually results in no fine.[/QUOTE That didn't work for my friend who got a ticket for a non-existent meter. He sent in a letter and protested in person. The response was that the meters were scheduled to go in when he got the ticket, and an attendant would not write such a ticket. Perhaps the first was true, but the second definitely wasn't.