Rule number one when watching the morning news is: only watch the first ten minutes to get overnight headlines, weather, and traffic. If you watch beyond that, then it becomes repetitive. Fox2 Morning is notorious for rebroadcasting a news story that they did the night before. During the mornings when I'm not going to work, I tend to flick through the main local morning newscasts and then watch the first half hour of the Today Show and/or Good Morning America. I'm through with Fox2 once the national shows come on. That segment that Fox2 has at 9 a.m. during the week when Jason Carr, Q, and Lee Thompson sit on the couch and do whatever is insane. Most days I'm working so I don't see this, but I mean what else can you do if you're Fox2 and you've been on the air since 4:30 in the morning?

Overall, local news is very poor in terms of good journalism. Since when did TV shows shown the night before become a part of local news broadcasts the next day? American Idol, the Apprentice, and Dancing with the Stars get heavy coverage on local broadcasts. Before reality shows this didn't happen. Well, I guess I just answered my own question.

Also, someone wrote about the segment on Fox2 where Huel Perkins and Monica Gayle just chit chat and give there opinions on news stories they've just reported on. This I thought was the worst piece of journalism until I saw a news segment on Channel 7 Action News where the broadcaster read tweets from one imaginary animal to another. Absolutely insane. In addition, I don't mind the "what do you think?" surveys on local news, but I am having a problem with all the emails, and facebook responses to headline news stories. I want Carmen Harlan to report the news, not read an opinion that someone has on the news. That's not newsworthy. Again, local news is nothing like it used to be.