Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
Setting aside adolescent, smart-aleck inquiries and getting to what Hermod meant: too often tenants, having agreed to pay rent on, say, the 1st of every month, find that they would rather have a smartphone or a bigger tv or spend more time clubbing or something like that. They spend the money that they have contracted to the building owner on other things - much as anyone might do when they measure their own needs and wants against voluntarily giving a wedding gift or a birthday present and deciding not to give the gift.

The point is that renters pretty often think rent is voluntary and decide from month-to-month whether to pay rent or something else.
A cost of doing business. If her rent is too low to take this on possibility, or if her property is so undesirable as to command the necessary rents, then I guess I sort of feel compassion for her. I guess. Personally, I never met a landlord that wasn't satisfied with just having their mortgage paid by other people. More often then not consistently bitching about not turning an immediate profit.