Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Hey! I stared the guy in the face.

I'm not going to grip him...ever. LOL

But yeah, I hear ya, Brush...you're absolutely right. It is systematic, and in some cases generational.

I may have to open-carry, then. I'm not going to get any concealed carry permit.

I believe we will truly have problems when they start moving in packs.

My Glock can only carry 18 bullets.

And YES, I'm kidding. If the city gets so bad that I start feeling like having my sidearm with me at all times...then it'll be enough. Plus, I usually only come down for music and food...and you cannot HAVE your weapon in establishments that serve liquor, if I remember my CCW classes correctly!

Funny, I think the law says bars, schools, and churches.

Cheers
    It says more than that. Any establishment that makes over 50% of their revenue from booze sales, stadiums, govt offices, any business that has a posting of "no guns allowed", while under the influence, etc. Good news is that if you are going out you can still bring your weapon and simply unload/secure it in your vehicle if before you go to any of these places. I have my CPL because I work in [[and sometimes wander) the city and I have been in some situations where i felt threatened. I hope that I never have to use it but I know that at least I will be ablt to be on more equal ground with any would be assailant.

Thanks for that...guess I need to park closer to the bar then. LOL!

Perhaps we need to market those transmission-hump shotgun racks they used to use in cop cars...so citizens can lock up their shortie 12-gauge street-sweepers.

I'm making a joke about a serious thing, I know. I feel a bit flippant this morning.

I'd rather there be a check-in at the front door of the establishments I frequent...check yer coat, yer hat, yer car keys, AND yer Glock on the way in, but you cannot retrieve that last two if you're inebriated and/or disturbed emotionally on the way out.

Cheers

I am sticking my neck out on this issue.

You felt marked?
    Because somebody walked behind you?

Can you think of any other possible explanations?
    Is yours the most plausible seeing that none of them even attempted anything?

You think you deterred a robber with a look? I don't think so.
    A robber usually comes face to face and is looked at by the victim during the robbery.
    A pick pocket might be deterred because she relies on stealth, a hold up guy does not rely on stealth.

You felt unsafe with whomever was walking behind you.
    That does not make them a criminal. Especially when this occured several times, each with no crime upon you.
    How many instances of suspect people not robbing you would be required before you questioned your ability to determine who is likely to rob you?
    Last edited by majohnson; June-20-11 at 11:12 AM.