Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    We live in Grosse Pointe Farms and got totally flooded out. The fire hydrant in front of our neighbor's house was about 2/3 submerged. The water jumped the curb and made it all the way up the incline to our flower beds. Actually, my husband jumped the curb as well when he got home from work- he could not tell where the street ended and gave our neighbor a total lawn job. I guess the storm drains that run off into the lake just gave up.
    Unless you live east of Ridge your storm drains are combined with the sanitary sewer system. The Farms' Kerby Road pumping station had a power outage that caused the pumps to get behind on the incoming flow. Not sure if they had the capacity to keep up even without the power disruption.

Blame it on La Nina folks, as more low pressure storm systems marching through the midwest like a parade, most areas in Metro-Detroit will get more flooding and their basements, too. Have your sump pumps ready.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

As Canton TWP was turned into Lake Canton in the flash.

I miss you so, Neda.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Unless you live east of Ridge your storm drains are combined with the sanitary sewer system. The Farms' Kerby Road pumping station had a power outage that caused the pumps to get behind on the incoming flow. Not sure if they had the capacity to keep up even without the power disruption.
    Thanks for the info- I was wondering why we all the streets up near Mack were swamps but the streets closer to the lake were fine. I thought for a minute that all of those jokes we made about the rapture were coming back to bite us.