Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
I love the letters from Europe concept! Always perfect to get another upfront view on the changing political face of this earth. To breathe is political. We all share this earth The first hand views are the best when un-inhendered by editors etc.

Django is out on his adventures again. What he was doing, I will not share, but Ron did check in later with him to make sure he was ok.

The people on this board are the best. Hope you found Detroit, very people friendly and not quite what you expected.

Still think local politics and politicians should be your evil foes. Joking but think about it. The people are very cool but we get held down and held back often in trying to acceive a general renaissance for our four corners.

Truely was a pleasure meeting you.

Don't know your whole agenda while you were here but if you didn't get to meet our church folk you should certainly schedule appointments with several congregations here in the city. A hugh force for change but perhaps under valued!

Best wishes, Sumas
Dear Sumas and Ron,

Lovely to hear from you. Don't worry about who the evil foes are in my book, sadly as ever, they are the usual suspects. One thing I have learnt in life is that people are basically the same and basically have good intentions everywhere. But politicians seem to be another breed [[national or local) and their machinations are sadly at the root of a lot of things that bug the life out of the rest of us. Take care, Barbara