Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Day 1 in the combat zone. He observed a village child running toward another group of soldiers who were yelling at the child to stop. The child did not stop until hugging one of the soldiers and then blowing them all up with the grenade the child was holding.

Day 2 in the combat zone. He observed a village child running toward his own group of soldiers and yelled at the child to stop and the child was not stopping. His next act was illegal but not unethical.
    Last edited by East Detroit; March-19-11 at 11:13 AM.

I wrote the below and need some further information.
    1. In discussions with my fellow genealogists, who have traced their family tree that came to Detroit, from Europe, between World War I and World War II a subject came up that we would appreciate some input? Many were women with children and no husband. The men were killed during the war. The US was going through bad economic times with the onset of the depression. Some turned to illegal, unethical means to feed their children and survive. Detroit had many blind pigs [[illegal drinking bars) that they worked in, besides others things. The input I would like is, are illegal, unethical acts always wrong or understandable due to the position we are in? I recently thought of this while watching what is happening in Japan. Right now the people are orderly but when the adults see their children starving, they may do some things that last month they wouldn’t have…..With the employment market down here in Detroit even now some of our friends / relatives are having some questionable behavior. I don’t know the answers but maybe someone on this board can share their views….Thank You
    2. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I printed out what you wrote and I thought that would be it. Then some of them asked. What about if after the depression, when there were many jobs as we were entering WWII, and rather than give up their illegal activities and get a job in the factory they continued on. Now it wasn’t a case of survival but rather a way of life. Some of the illegal activities were running / owning blind pigs and paying off politicians, professional shoplifting, buying stolen items for resale; I think you call this fencing. Some of the activities they wouldn’t say as they were embarrassed that these people were in their family. Some were in judgment, others just wanted to further know about their family tree without passing judgment. Some wondered if they had to leave their birth country and face a life of hardship what would they do. I had no idea how to answer them so I will post this here and print what you put down as to your outlook. Thanks once again.

As long as we human beings maintain their self-righteous decision to hold their dogmas. Society will remain different. It's better this way. There will always be ethical and unethical solutions to improve mankind. They will be problems that can be solved ot unsolved. But it least it we learn from it as we involved to god-like creatures.

Danny: A grammar lesson

If the clause [[string of words) does not make sense by itself, don't put a period. Example: your first "sentence" which is not a sentence.

RE: your post
    How do unethical solutions improve mankind?

FEO, you are asking hypothetical questions and hoping for absolute answers. It is folly to ask such things as they demand a circuitous result. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin, or what color hats do Leprechans wear?

You have been told repeatedly that illegal and unethical do equate one to one; yet, you insist in continuing your search for absolutes. Your questions smack of being some silly thought-experiment for a group of freshmen philosophy students.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2